The Town of Halton Hills is currently exploring opportunities towards providing a “Made-in-Halton Hills” solution that meets the current and future mobility needs of the community. The strategy will align with the Town’s Strategic Action Plan and build on the existing ActiVan specialized transit service and the Regional GO Train services.
The Town has retained WSP Canada Group Ltd. to develop the Transit Service Strategy(External link) which will be completed by Spring 2019.
The key objectives of the Transit Service Strategy are:
- Define the Town’s vision, mission and goals for transit taking in consideration the proposed growth in the community and emerging trends in the transportation industry.
- Educate, consult and engage residents, businesses and other stakeholders.
- Develop strategies for commuter, local, rural and specialized services.
- Provide people of all ages and abilities with mobility options.
- Provide a transit service that is financially feasible and sustainable.